Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ethan's 1 year stats

Braden secretly wishes the "french roll" would come back into style. And now he's got Ethan wishing for it too.


My two 80's dorks (or was it early 90's?)

I took Ethan for his 1 year doctor visit this morning. He is 30 inches long and weighs 21 lbs 15 oz. I can't remember what the head circumference was, but I do know the doctor had to double check it since the nurse wrote it down (or measured it) wrong....like she has done EVERY SINGLE TIME we have taken him since he was born. Apparently, she wants us to think he has a tiny head. Anyway, he was about 50 percentile on height and head circumference and about 30 percentile on weight. The boy eats non-stop and I don't particularly think he's thin, so oh well. It's fat babies like Blythe was that drive those averages up!

He only had to get one shot and had to get his finger pricked so they could draw blood. He didn't even flinch on the finger pricking. Not a peep. Nothing. Screamed bloody murder on the shot though and then kept crying and crying. If he could talk, he'd be saying, "Mom! I can't believe YOU let them do that to me! What kind of mom are you!?". He got over it though.

Braden took Blythe to school while I took Ethan to the doctor. Then Braden headed out for his trip to College Station, TX for women's NCAA's. Alas, I'm alone again. This is the last one though and then they are done with the season! Spring is really great since they are limited to practicing only 8 hours a week.

Anyway, I was sure to dress Blythe in green today and told her she had to wear green otherwise people could pinch her. Hopefully she doesn't go around pinching other kids if they don't have green on. Or me, since I don't have green on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's growing like a weed. What a trooper, not crying when he got his finger pricked. For the record, I prefer pictures that are head shots. I'm not sure if that really is Braden or not?!?
Gommy

Karen said...

Aww the good ol' spring time swimming practices! They are so very British with their pants rolled like that, I swear the 80s fashion is making a comeback here!