Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A nice relaxing evening

Why is it that when Daddy leaves, my kids turn into little monsters? They listen to NOTHING I say, so I just end up yelling all the time, and it drives me insane. After several attempts to put on Ethan's jammies last night (I'd get his shirt on and then he'd take it off...many times), I had had enough. I said, "That's it! I've had enough!" and I went in my room, locked the door and lay on my bed for about 25 minutes.

After about 10 minutes, they realized I was gone and came looking for me. They discovered they couldn't open my door and so Blythe tried to beat down the door, but stopped after several threats back to her to stop. Ethan said something like, "Mommy come out" once and then never asked again. Eventually they realized I wasn't coming out and so they went back to Blythe's room to play. At one point Blythe made Ethan cry and he came crying down the hall, but quickly realized he couldn't come crying to me so instantly he stopped.

Overall, they didn't seem to care too much that I wasn't available. Maybe I will try this more often. Seems to bring them closer and temporarily stop them from fighting with each other.

When I finally came out and went to Blythe's room, all of her dresser drawers were open with a few things taken out of each. Ethan was wearing just a diaper and a winter hat of Blythe's. Blythe was making "beds" on the floor with various blankets she had pulled out of the linen closet. And Ethan still pitched a fit when I tried to put on his jammies. But at least I was a bit more relaxed.

No comments: