Monday, August 30, 2010

Conversations with a 4 year old

Blythe told me the other day she wanted to be 5 forever. So I reminded her she was 4 and not 5, to which she reminded me that she will be 5 in January.

So I told her if she's 5 forever, she'll never be 6. So she decided she wanted to be 6 forever. But then I told her if she's 6 forever, she'll never be 7. So then it was 7 that she wanted to be. This went on a few more rounds until she finally decided on 9. She wants to be 9 forever.

She also wants to be a mom when she grows up. Except she doesn't want to change her baby's diaper. She also doesn't want to feed her baby. So I'm not quite sure she would be "mom" material. And apparently she wants to be an unwed mom, as she insists she NEVER wants to get married. I really don't know why. With our cabinet project, we took all our photo albums out and she has loved looking through those. She especially loves the pictures from our wedding. But she wants no part of a wedding for herself.

Speaking of cabinet project...I'm SO ready for it to be done. But it just keeps going. We can now add tiling to our list of things we can do. Not grouting yet though. So there's still no guarantee it will work out, but we're getting there. I really need to get this done though as I envision my workload at work will be getting really tough very soon. My company laid off 30% of my team today, including my boss. So it was a rough day on the workfront.

No comments: