Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of day care

Yesterday was Brynn's first day. Her perfectly happy days of spending all day with mom and sleeping in a quiet room and eating straight from the source, were terribly interrupted by this thing called "day care" because mom has to do this thing called "work".

She didn't have the best day, but it also could have been worse. Mainly, she didn't want to eat from the bottle. So basically she didn't. They said she was pretty happy and didn't cry unless you tried to feed her, then she would cry. She took a couple of naps, about 40 minutes each. For day care, that's not bad. But compared to the amount she was sleeping at home, that made her quite tired. I ended up picking her up at 3:00pm and at that point she was SO tired and SO hungry. Apparently more tired than hungry as she fell asleep in my arms almost as soon as I took her out of her car seat. About 45 minutes later she woke up and was VERY hungry.

So I'm hoping for a better day today. I'm trying different bottles today so maybe that will help. She was smiling when I dropped her off so that helped me feel better today. I struggled yesterday to keep it together until I got to the car (where I then burst into tears). It was exactly the same way I felt after Ethan's first day, so it doesn't get any easier the more times you do it. But it has to be done, and she's in good hands there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. I hope she had a better 2nd day!

Gommy