Sunday, August 22, 2010

If you build it, they won't come

So we need to include them in the building process because, let's face it, we can't build it ourselves. I'm talking about Gommy and Poppa. Seems like we put them to work every time they come and this visit was certainly no exception. We just bought some cabinets to put in our family room and in our basement rec room. But who wants to pay like, a thousand dollars when you can do it yourself? Didn't seem like THAT hard of a project. So they were supposed to come on Thursday and leave maybe Friday evening. Well, they actually left Saturday evening and we still have more work to do. Here's a pic of Gommy and Poppa with the kiddos. They don't look that tired in this picture, but they were!

We're hoping to be done maybe next weekend, but we'll see. So far, they look GREAT, but sorry, no before and after shots yet until it's all done. We all worked hard though, especially my dad and Braden. I realized late on Saturday that I hadn't even gotten the mail since Wednesday!

So things have been super hectic since we got back from vacation. I started back to work, but Brynn was still home with me and then the cabinet project. Tomorrow things start to go back to normal. Brynn will start day care (and I will be really sad), but I need to actually do some work to earn a paycheck, so it must be done. Cheers to "normalcy".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if you don't build it, they will still come!

Mom

Mary Holloway said...

Ha! I know...was just looking for a catchy title!

Anonymous said...

I think the title is really clever, just like you!

Mom