Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A snake and a six

I think it might be time to remove the little potty from the kids bathroom, which will force Ethan to use the big potty (you know, the one with water in it that doesn't require you to clean the poop out of it). The little potty is Ethan's favorite place to poop. Pretty much he poops every morning at the same time (I'm so envious...if only I could be that regular!). The "great" thing about the little potty is that after you do your business, you can take time to marvel at the masterpiece you have created. And comment on it.

About a week ago, it was "a snake". A few days ago Ethan said he made "a six!" The day he made the six, he actually went first before waking me up. Then he came in to my room with his jammie bottoms around his ankles to let me know so I could wipe him. Yay. He had taken off his pull-up by himself before he went, so at least we're progressing.

This morning I was dead asleep (though I think it was around 7am) and I heard someone say "Mommy", so I turned and he was there and gave me a small piece of plastic (from a clothing tag). I said Thanks and then he left and I went back to sleep. I'm not quite sure where all he went, but I know he went downstairs at some point. Anyway, later he came to wake me up again, but this time was carrying the "containment bucket" from the potty to show me his masterpiece. Fortunately I have a cold and can't smell. So we flushed it and that was that. Later we were in Brynn's room and he said he needed to get his pull-up so he could put it in Brynn's diaper genie and he went downstairs to get it. So again, not sure what all happened this morning.

Though in thinking about it, I'm not sure that getting rid of the potty will eliminate the desire to show everyone his works of art. All growing up I remember boys saying stuff like, "Man, you should have seen the turd in that dump I just took. It was like a foot long!"

Ah, boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new post, even if it is about poop! You might want to think twice about getting rid of that little potty unless you're sure of how much toilet paper Ethan would be using. Just saying....

Mom