Monday, April 12, 2010

Hold on Baby

My cousin Sarah is due with her first baby just 6 days before I am due. I saw on her Facebook status that this past weekend she was washing baby clothes and getting the nursery ready. Made me think back to when I was pregnant with Blythe and how the last month was about the slowest month of my entire life because everything was ready and all set for the baby. Flashforward to now where I am so NOT ready for baby to come!

I mean, don't get me wrong...I'm pretty sick of being pregnant. But have I washed baby clothes? No. Have I even gotten any out? No. Have I put the new swing we got together? No. Have I moved the crib back to the level it should be for a newborn? No. Have I even really gone in the nursery recently? No. Have I bought any baby toiletries? No. Have I gotten out any bottles (to probably determine I need to buy all new ones)? No.

What HAVE I done? I did remember to email my HR rep at work to let her know I'd be out sometime in the near future so she could send me the paperwork. Feel pretty proud about remembering to do that.

This weekend it hit me that there is the (slightest) possibility that I could have this baby early. That I'll be considered full term (at 37 weeks) in just over 3 weeks. YIKES! That means I have to have a bag at least somewhat packed in about 2-ish weeks. How did this creep up on me so quickly? You wouldn't think it would if you've been counting your life in weeks since September.

But I've just been enjoying this time when I have just 2 kids. And the youngest one isn't SO dependent on me anymore. And the weather has been nice so we can play outside. We can play in the sandbox. We can play on the swing we hung up this weekend (actually Braden hung it up). We can go to the Hokie baseball game and actually watch the game (at least until the 3rd inning when Ethan asked if we could go home). Braden and I can go on a date and leave the kids at home with a new babysitter and not have to do anything to prepare for it.

Don't get me wrong - I really want this baby and am so excited for his/her arrival. I'm just hoping it's not coming in the next 3-4 weeks because I'm not ready yet!

2 comments:

lynette said...

You just never know when they'll decide to show up.. I'd go ahead and pack that bag and wash a few onesies just in case :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, dear, if baby #3 decides to make an early appearance, you Mom will be there ASAP and we'll have everything ready in no time for him or her. I can't wait!!

Mom