Sunday, April 18, 2010

First t-ball game

Blythe had her first t-ball game yesterday. Honestly I had zero expectations going in and didn't even know how 4/5 t-ball works. So here's the scoop - no score is kept, so I guess no one wins. We play 2 innings (though maybe sometimes they will play 3...not sure). Everyone bats and everyone gets on base (even in the very rare instance where the ball makes it to first base before the runner). Everyone gets a single (though I guess if they wanted to keep running, no one would really stop them). Then the last batter gets a grand slam.

Surprisingly, everyone on Blythe's team hit the ball within 2 tries. And I was shocked that Blythe actually hit it pretty far. She liked running the bases too. All players also play the outfield, so there are no benched players. Braden said they should change their name to the Bees because it's like a swarm of bees everytime someone hits the ball. Except Blythe wouldn't be on that team. She's the only one who just stands there when the ball comes with no attempt to retrieve the ball or throw it. So it's clear she got her t-ball "athletic ability" from me. So I'm going to guess she won't be a great tennis player, or volleyball, or basketball, or soccer. Because, like me, she doesn't like to hustle. Always seemed to me a waste of my energy to run after a ball. But of course she could prove me wrong.

I missed Blythe's second time at bat because Ethan said he needed to go potty, so we headed to the car where I was prepared this time with a little potty I brought from home. I haven't blogged about his potty progress in a while. I think today we might have turned the last corner. For the last 3 weeks he has done quite well with peeing in the potty. And in the last week has even started telling us when he needs to go. The problem has been #2 in the potty. He most definitely preferred to do it in his pants, and would only go in the potty if his only alternative was the floor (i.e. if he had no pants on). But of course he can't go pantless all the time, so we've had lots of accidents. Yesterday he actually went on the potty instead of in his pants and then today he actually told us he had to go and then went on the potty. So hoping that's it and that milestone has been crossed. Guess time will tell.

No comments: