Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The girl's got "talents"

I'm pretty sure Santa brought Blythe a Belle "head" so she could practice her hair styling "skills" on Belle instead of me.
So anyway, Happy New Year everyone! I just finished the second Twilight book and before I start the 3rd (and thus become completely useless again), I vow to do the following:
1. a blog post (check)
2. put away all Christmas decorations (except the outdoor lights which are still buried somewhere under several feet of snow and I will not go outside in this single degree weather for any reason other than when I absolutely have to)
3. unpack from my venture down South to Atlanta
Yes, I took a break between the first Twilight book and the second to drive my kids to my parents house last week so they could babysit while I spent New Years in Atlanta. I drove down there and met up with Braden (he's down there with his team) and we went to the Chick-fil-a bowl game to watch Virginia Tech beat the crap out of Tennessee. I also got to see my friends Emily and Sue and meet Sue's new arrival Sadie (SOOOOO cute!) And I slept until almost 10 one morning (yes, that's right...10 o'clock in the morning) and did a bit of shopping and enjoyed my little kid-free trip that will be my last one for....well....I try not to think about it. Anyway, after all that, I headed back up to my parents, stayed one night and loaded the kids and drove back home. And now they are back in school....woohoo! Blythe started in Pre-K on Monday (or "Pretty K" as she calls it) and Ethan actually did a great job going back.
Alrighty, well, time to go put away some Christmas decorations!

2 comments:

lynette said...

Pretty sure Blythe could open up her own salon with those kind do's! She'll just have to make sure the word "unique" is in her advertising :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, and where did you get that gorgeous necklace?? Funny, but that "do" looked so much better on Belle!

Mom