Thursday, January 14, 2010

Welcome to this century

Hold on to your hats! We have entered the 21st century and now have....wait for it....DVR!!! Which means, I can record Sesame Street and the kids will watch that when they get home from school and not bother me (too much) while I fix dinner. Sesame Street seems to be the only thing Ethan will watch (though today I found Thomas the Train to record, so we'll test that one out too). Blythe, on the other hand, will watch anything. And when she's sucked in to a show, it's like she's on another planet. She can't hear you, you can't talk to her, and you can make fun of her all you want and she won't notice.

Yesterday evening, Braden took Blythe to the VT basketball game, so it was just Ethan and I. He sat on my lap while he watched Sesame Street, then I took him to McDonalds (where he ate only part of my hot fudge sundae and none of his Happy Meal), then we came home and he took his bath and we played a bit and then read 3 books and he went to sleep and he was actually really, really easy and so happy and he never once asked where Blythe was. Guess he didn't miss her that much since he had me all to himself! Makes me think that we've finally gotten to an easier stage and then we're going to make it all crazy again when we have a 3rd and it'll be another 2 years before we're here again. Ah well, those 2 years will be challenging but also lots of fun!

1 comment:

lynette said...

Welcome! Your life with DVR will be so much sweeter.

Sesame Street has become a hit over here as well... in fact, we're watching it right now!