Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby steps

Okay, so I made some progress. I took down the Christmas decorations. I did not unpack. Okay, well I did unpack one thing....the 3rd Twilight book. And I cheated and started it before I had finished with the Christmas decorations (but they still got done...later).

Took the kids out to eat to a "real" restaurant (as opposed to McDonalds) by myself and it was actually a fairly pleasant experience. I had come prepared with stickers (thanks Emily!). The kids are missing Daddy though, however they do get very excited to call Daddy (or at least Ethan does...last night Blythe was watching Hannah Montana so she was dead to the outside world). Ethan's thing now is that he just likes to say "Yeah-ah" really loud into the phone over and over again and then he just laughs at himself.

Actually, Ethan is quite the little talker these days. It's amazing the number of words he has learned over the past few weeks. He speaks almost in sentences these days and I can understand most of what he says. He can say most of his ABC's and he can count to twelve. And I need to get him dancing on video one of these days, preferably in just his diaper. He does this sumo wrestler/yoga type dancing that's really quite hilarious. Ha ha!

No comments: