Monday, January 25, 2010

Anyone else have cabin fever?

My goodness, these wet, cold, rainy/icy/yucky days EVERY FREAKIN WEEKEND are driving me insane. Yes, we have LOTS of new toys thanks to Christmas and Blythe's birthday but they are just nothing compared to being able to play outside. Or at least just having something to do other than just play with toys.

Last weekend was one of those dreaded weekends where we had nothing at all planned to do and the weather was just terrible so none of those endless, cooped up hours could be spent at the playground or on the driveway or at the park. And it seems like it's been like this for months! I'm definitely suffering from a bad case of cabin fever.

Fortunately we do have stuff planned for the next couple of weekends, so maybe by mid-February we'll be lucky enough to have at least a day over the weekend (or just a few hours?) where it's at least 40 degrees and not raining or icing. Of course, now that I type that, probably not.

And my cabin-fever patience (or lack thereof) combined with my 5-months pregnant patience (or complete lack thereof) makes dealing with 2 small children not very fun. Saturday I felt like all I did was yell all day long because if I don't yell, no one hears me.

But at least they are good for bathtime and are usually good right before they go to bed. Blythe has had a bath robe for a good while now and we had gotten a hand-me-down robe for Ethan from our neighbor. Now that we can trust him to (most of the time) not pee on the floor if he doesn't have a diaper on, he gets to wear his robe too after bath and boy, does he love it.

Those little anti-listeners can be cute when they want to be!

1 comment:

lynette said...

Love the robes.. so cute!

You better not bring that icy mess with you next weekend :) Let's hope for some sun!!