Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 weeks 5 days ultrasound

I had an ultrasound this morning as part of the "quad" test to test for down syndrome and other things. This was new for me - the last 2 pregnancies they only did ultrasounds at 7 weeks and at about 18 weeks, but I guess things continue to change and progress medically. So anyway, I'm 12 weeks and 5 days along. All looked good on the ultrasound. Baby is measuring at 13 weeks 1 day along, so appears I'm on my way to another large baby.

Confirmed baby has 2 legs and 2 arms (always good). Brain looks good, as does heart, bladder, blood flow, etc. We were even able to count all 10 fingers on the baby.

And I had more blood drawn for more tests (results in 7-10 days). Always fun to do that!

So, everything appears to be right on track. I'm almost at the end of my first trimester and unfortunately the nausea still has not gone away. 6 weeks of nausea is not fun. According to my very accurate bathroom scale, I have gained about 8 pounds. That's high for a "regular" person on the first trimester, but low for me (I think). Appears you can still gain weight even if nothing ever sounds good to eat.

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from the ultrasound. On the second one, you can see baby waving (and you can see all 5 fingers).

3 comments:

lynette said...

Hi baby! :) Glad to see every thing's looking good. Hope that yucky feeling goes away soon, though!

Poppa said...

I think these ultrasounds are amazing. Glad to hear everything is AOK, and how cute is it the the little one is waving. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Gommy

Poppa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.