Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, this was my 4th Mothers Day as a mother and it was very nice. My first 2 Mothers Days I had to fly out of town for work, so not too much fun. Fortunately this year I was around for the whole day.

Braden offered to let me sleep in, but I found it difficult to go back to sleep after Blythe came in and wanted to show me the "Hannah Omtana lipstick" she said she found in her room. Not really sure where that came from. So instead I laid in bed for a while and then took a shower. And dried my hair. And put on some makeup. All while the kids were awake somewhere else in the house. Nice.

Braden made reservations for a Mothers Day brunch at the country club, so we headed out there and had a delicious meal. Even Blythe ate quite a bit. Even better, it took care of breakfast and lunch! Ethan was falling asleep on the way home and it was too early for naptime, so we stopped at the big playground to play for a while. Actually he was asleep by the time we got there and wouldn't wake up even after getting him out of the car and walking up to the playground. Eventually he did and played a while.

While Ethan napped, I got to lay out in the sun for a little while. In my swimsuit. Nice again! Then best of all, I got to go to Walmart. By myself. And take my sweet ass time perusing the aisles (even though I had a list). All in all, a very nice Mothers Day.

What was also very nice was that Blythe was able to tell me "Happy Mothers Day" many times and she wrote "Mom" on my card. And when I came downstairs this morning after my shower, Ethan ran up to me and gave me a HUGE hug. I do love being a mom.


Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my mother-in-law, my grandmas, and all my other mom friends and family. I hope you all had a day to remember.

1 comment:

Lynette@pack-fans.com said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mary! :) Looking forward to seeing you guys in just a few days.