Thursday, July 29, 2010

What did she just say?

Last night we went to the pool after I picked up the kids from school. It was actually very nice. Even Brynn swam and I think actually liked it this time (except when Ethan was splashing her). When we were getting ready to go, there was a party that was starting for the swim team kids (they finished their season the day before). Blythe asked why we weren't staying for the party and I told her because she wasn't on the swim team. I told her she could do swim team next year. Then she said, "I don't want to do swim team". Okay, so those 7 words are not acceptable in this household. So I told her, "You will do swim team. You have no say in this. And you will like it." Okay, so I didn't really say that. Instead I said, "Maybe Mommy will do swim team with you next year". She was good with that. But she did add in, "I don't want to do my big arms, I just want to kick."

For those of you who think I told her a little lie...think again. This summer league up here lets adults swim too! They've tried to recruit Braden and I, but we think it would be a little weird to get a babysitter so we can go swim in a summer league meet. So we'll see what next year brings and see if Blythe wants to swim on the team. She's not big on organized activities. We've been trying to get her to want to take dance in the Fall. Last night she wanted me to read her this dancing book. I told her if she takes dance, she can do the recital and dress up like the dancers in the book. She said, "I don't want to take the dance class. I just want the clothes to dress up in." Hmmm...work in progress.

2 comments:

Beth said...

You tell her Mary. :-)

lynette said...

Oh no she didn't! Surely she'll change her mind. If not, time for bribery...