Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Messed up schedule

So Brynn has been doing very well at night recently. She goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30 and then wakes up usually between 6:30 and 7:30 in the morning. And as of last night, appears my boobs have caught on to the new schedule as well. Of course, now that I write that, I'm sure she'll break pattern tonight. Ethan came in our room at 4 this morning. He doesn't just come in though...he has to close our door very loudly when he comes in and our door is about 2 feet from Brynn's door. She stirred quite a bit and I was sure she would wake up, but she didn't. Yay! As for Ethan, Braden took him right back to his bed and he went back to sleep.

So all is good at night, but during the day Brynn's schedule is all messed up. I think she's going through a growth spurt as she wants to eat every 2 or 2.5 hours. Before this growth spurt, she would eat every 3 hours. She would be awake for 1.5 hours after eating, then nap for 1.5 hours. Repeat throughout the day. Now, sometimes she naps after eating, sometimes before eating, and she's not napping as long. So basically I have no idea when she will nap and when she will be awake. Nor do I know when she will eat. So frustrating! Plus she was doing really well with her crib naps, and now not so much. She'd rather be held.

Oh well. Otherwise she is doing great! Neck control is getting much better, she smiles a lot, and is starting to like a few of her toys. In 4 weeks I have to go back to work and I SO don't want to! Maybe by then I'll be ready.

2 comments:

lynette said...

Aww, such a cute smile! And I can't believe she's already wearing all that 3 month stuff of Ada's. Glad it's coming in handy. See you guys soon!!

Anonymous said...

I only saw this picture this morning. I can see why you don't want to go back to work, who could leave that precious smile! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Love,
Mom