Thursday, July 8, 2010

12 hours

12 hours....that's how long Brynn slept last night. Can you believe it? 12 HOURS people. I fed her at 7:15pm last night (a little early because I was taking Blythe and Ethan to a pool party from 8pm-10pm) and then not again until 7:15am. Of course, I was up at about 5:45 because my boobs were hurting too much. She cried at 6:25 this morning and I was in there ready to pick her up and relieve my pain. But when I went in there, she had gone back to sleep. So I got ready for the day, came downstairs, read some of my book, and then finally she woke up. The night before last, she had slept 9 hours and 15 minutes and that was a big accomplishment since she was still at 7-8 hours prior to that. So, anyway, hopefully she stays consistent so my boobs can catch on to the schedule.

The reason she's been so tired the last 2 nights...crib naps (or lack thereof). So Round 2 of Brynn vs Crib Nap actually ends in a draw. Took about 15 minutes to rock her to sleep, then I laid her down and, as expected, she woke right up. I left her there hoping she'd put herself back to sleep. Nope. Screaming for the next 7 minutes before I went back in there to rock her again. This time she didn't wake up and stayed there for 25 minutes. And then awake. So from 2:00pm to 7:15pm, she only slept 25 minutes, which led to 12 hours of sleep. Hey, I'll take it.

As for the pool party, it was a neighborhood pool party and ice cream social that I had organized. I didn't think the kids would last until 10pm, but they did. They crashed when they got home though. At 9:45 I told Ethan he could jump in one more time then we had to get out so we could clean up the ice cream and because it was getting late. So then he told anybody and everybody who would listen to him that "we needa cwean ice cweam...it's too late".

2 comments:

Amy said...

Not fair!

lynette said...

Geez, that's a lot of sleep. Probably helps that she's the size of a three month old too! :) Now I'm kinda hoping for a slightly bigger baby this time around!