Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Saturday with Nana

Well, looks like Tiger was the winner on the costume vote for Ethan. Good thing, since that's what I was planning he be anyway. He's not old enough yet to really pick his costume (like Blythe did last year). Maybe we'll break out the face paint and paint a nose and whiskers on him. Anyway, I need to take another costume pic of Blythe and then I'll post her vote.

So, for today I'll talk about last weekend. We were supposed to go to Gommy and Poppa's house for a weekend visit because my Nana was in town visiting from Texas. She's 90, sharp as a tack, and clearly able to fly from Texas to North Carolina on her own. It had been 3 years I think since we'd seen her. She had met Blythe was Blythe was young, but not Ethan or Ada. Unfortunately my mom got sick (could have been H1N1) and we don't want my pregnant self or any of the young kids to get that, so we instead went to Doug and Lynette's house and my dad, Nana, and Laura met us there. We had a nice visit on Saturday hanging out at the house while the cousins played. We said goodbye on Saturday night and they drove home and we stayed the night. I didn't get any pics from Saturday as I relied on my dad and brother and sister-in-law (aka everyone else) to take pics.

Sunday we spent the morning carving our pumpkins we got at the pumpkin patch earlier this month. We brought them so we could get it done. Here were are all at work as a family affair.


Here's what we carved (and I'm not good at taking jack-o-lantern pics):

Pretty scary, huh?

Afterwards, we tried to get some good pics of Ethan to replace the not-so-good ones from daycare, but he was a tough cookie to crack. He's not smiling, but this one still turned out pretty cute.

After some Mexican food for lunch (mmmm....mexican food....craving cheese enchiladas), we hit the road and drove home. We had a great weekend! Thanks for hosting last minute Doug and Lynette!

2 comments:

lynette said...

Great having you guys! Even without a smile, I like that picture too :) Sorry I couldn't get more smiley ones! And the pumpkins look awesome

Doug said...

Glad you guys could make it. We had a great time. Nice job on the pumpkin, Braden. It looks amazing!