Monday, October 19, 2009

Long weekend

This past weekend was one LONG weekend. Seeing as how I'm at the peak of my yuckiness feeling right now and the weather was cold and gross and Braden was out of town on Saturday, I knew Saturday would be a difficult day. We didn't have anything planned and so actually Blythe stayed in her jammies most of the day. You'd think that would be a pretty easy day but nowadays my patience is like zero and the 2 of them fight all the time. The #1 thing to fight over - me. And I'm with them all.day.long. So there's a lot of fighting. We did manage to make it over to Chick-fil-a for dinner (just so the kids would have some play time on some form of play equipment). Ethan can now climb up there. Takes him a long time, unless he's assisted by his sister. When Blythe was around his age and able to climb up there by herself, she wouldn't come down and I'd have to either go get her or ask another kid to. So I was a little afraid. But he did good and followed his sister down the slide.

Braden got home Saturday night so finally I was relieved to have some help! Unfortunately, it was short lived as he came down with something on Saturday night. I thought it was swine flu since many of his athletes have gotten it, but it doesn't appear to be as he never developed most of the flu symptoms. But he was still quarantined to the basement for all of yesterday. Today he is feeling better.

So other than church, we again had no plans for yesterday. Another long day and so I was relieved to have it be Monday and I could take my kids to school today.

1 comment:

lynette said...

Glad it wasn't H1N1 and that you can have a break today from the kiddos :)