Thursday, October 22, 2009

Crazy morning

Whew! This morning was a doozy. As is a typical morning, I went into Ethan's room and found him sitting in his chair looking at books. He's so cute doing that because he brings his blanket "bubba" with him and makes a stack of books next to him and goes through each one. So I sat with him a while and looked at books with him. Then I picked out his clothes and attempted to change him. But he had other ideas! He wanted SO bad to stay in his spiderman jammies. "Pidey...pidey" he kept yelling. I finally got him changed and then he kept going and getting the spiderman shirt and trying to put it back on himself. Finally I lured him away over to Blythe's room. Upon entering her room, I found her in her princess jammies, with Barbie princess dress over it, pink princess shoes, a sparkly headband, and a wand. Oh, and a necklace. She hadn't gone potty yet, so I made her go and she managed to get all of that off, go potty, put it all back on, and come back all within about 1.5 minutes. I picked out her clothes and then we were finally able to go downstairs to eat. Good thing...I was starving! Pregnant girl needs to eat! (though apparently not as much as I have been...gaining weight way to quickly).

Anyway, 4 or 5 threats to change the channel off of cartoons since Blythe wasn't eating her breakfast and I finally did have to change the channel. Ethan was finished and busy playing with the dishwasher while I was then trying to get Blythe to change into her school clothes. And of course, these days Blythe cries about EVERYTHING. So she's crying. Ethan then starts crying because he's trying to close the dishwasher (liked I asked him to do), but he got it off track so it won't close. Finally I had to scream. And I know you're not supposed to because then you just raise kids who scream, but I think it's already too late for that. So then they both were REALLY crying. We got shoes on, coats on, and finally got in the car. Where it was dead silent for most of the way to school. Ahhh....

5 comments:

Amy said...

Same scenario at our house, except there was probably was yelling sooner at ours.

aichiba said...

It wasn't like that when you only had one was it ... that 2nd brings the chaos and screaming. What is the 3rd going to bring???

ekf said...

No 3 will bring anarchy!

Mary Holloway said...

Yep - anarchy!

Anonymous said...

PEACE!
Braden