Monday, October 12, 2009

Ethan's pumpkin patch field trip

2 pumpkin patch trips down, 1 to go. Today Ethan had his pumpkin patch field trip and what's more fun than 11 toddlers picking out pumpkins? Actually, there were more adults than kids, so it was a really nice trip for the little guys. We loaded into the hayride to head to the kids pumpkin patch (where they grow little pumpkins) and of course, really enjoyed seeing the tractor at work pulling us all. Once there, Ethan wandered around looking for the perfect pumpkin (which he seemed to think were the small green ones). Walking through all those vines makes it a bit difficult on the little ones. I tried to shoot some video but was worried he might fall into the thorny vines, so I only got a short one.

Afterwards I found it a bit difficult to handle Ethan and 2 pumpkins (yes, I got a pumpkin too...we're working on creating our own pumpkin patch at home). So, I headed towards the car. Ethan was kind of following me, but on the way, the hayride driver asked Ethan if he wanted to drive the tractor. Apparently he was the first kid to get to drive a tractor at the pumpkin patch so far this year. So they drove to the parking lot while I walked there.


We visited the animals, which Ethan loves to see. He pretends he wants to pet the horse, but when you bring him close, he shies away. He got a little too close to the turkeys and one tried to bite him. Anyway, after a quick lunch they were headed back to the daycare for nap time. Fun trip and I'll be going back again tomorrow with Blythe's class!

No comments: