Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'm big time now

Look at my cool new 22" widescreen computer monitor.


It's ginormous.

What's even cooler is the box it came in....


I got it because Braden brought back an older computer my dad had (that actually used to be ours) so I could again try to set up a computer for the kids. All he brought back was the PC itself and a keyboard though (not even a power cord...apparently it was lost). So I got a power cord on ebay for $4.90, I bought a new mouse (for myself since my other one was crap and belongs on a kids computer anyway), the new monitor seen above, and a computer game for Blythe. Everything got here only 2 days after I ordered it. Amazing.

So I was very excited because I'm a computer dork. And Blythe immediately pulled the game out of the box and wanted to play it. I told her I just needed to set up the computer and then she could play. As easy as plugging in the mouse, keyboard, and monitor and starting it up. Yeah right.

Here we go again with the crappy old computers that apparently are more likely to break sitting on a shelf than they are being used on a daily basis. Won't recognize the operating system and just keeps restarting. I tried everything I could find online to fix it, but without a recovery CD, there's not much else I can do. Oh, I guess there are things I could do with it. Like make another computer smashing video....

Anyhoo, we went to Home Depot today to get the supplies for our next project that will likely take 6 times as long as it's supposed to...a new kitchen faucet. Seems easy enough. Mwahahaha.

And while we were out and about, we hit up Old Navy so Blythe could pal around with her mannequin family.


4 comments:

aichiba said...

Ha! My kids LOVE those mannequins.

Anonymous said...

Gommy says:
Blythe would look so much better in the commercials than those mannequins!

Tommy Rapier said...

I've had the picture of Blythe on flying down the slide as my background for quite sometime, I think now it will be her and the mannequins, I'm still laughing.
-Tommy

Anonymous said...

I vote for a computer smashing video!!!!
Braden