Wednesday, July 29, 2009

7 year anniversary

Monday was Braden and my 7 year anniversary. How time has flown! Especially since having kids...getting so caught up in the day to day care of them. Usually we don't do much on our anniversary. Get each other cards and go out to eat usually. But Braden being the sneaky (and perfect) husband that he is, went a step up this year. I was all proud of myself because I actually remembered to buy a card at least a day before our anniversary and in the meantime Braden had made a hotel reservation for us at a local hotel and arranged for our babysitter to come over and stay the night with the kiddos. So at this point I'm no longer so proud of myself. But I was very surprised and happy about how on the ball Braden was.

He made a reservation at the Main Street Inn in Blacksburg, which is a new boutique hotel in downtown. That way we could go out and drink and not have to drive. So we had a nice dinner at Poor Billy's and then out for drinks at Boudreaux's. We were back at the hotel by 10:00 and were exhausted so enjoyed sleeping in the big king bed with luxurious bedding. We were a little bummed we missed the finale of The Bachelorette, but it wasn't exactly the night to be watching TV.

So anyway, I have the perfect husband and he gets more and more perfect everyday. Still going strong after 7 years!

Back to the grind yesterday and today and got the dreaded day care call today that Blythe was sick with a 103 degree fever. Needless to say, not feeling so well. Which means she'll be home tomorrow too. Bummer.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Braden, I am impressed! Sounds wonderful - happy anniversary you two!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karen....it was a nice change from ordinary!
Braden