Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Holy Hornets Nest, Batman!

So you would have thought Braden or I would have noticed the giant hornets nest just above our garage considering how many times we drive in and out each day (and how much the kids play right under it)!


It's about the size of a human head!

Let's get a close up of that sucker:

Yikes!
I finally noticed it today as I was driving in after picking the kids up from day care. So we didn't play outside. When Braden got home, I showed him and then he called a pest control service. The guy was here in 10 minutes to take a look. He did say that judging by how many hornets were working on it, they probably built it in less than a week (so at least we weren't completely oblivious for a really long time). And he said in about 3 days it would be probably 4 times that size. Holy crap!
So he's coming back just after dusk tonight (should be very soon now) because he says they all come back "home" after the sun goes down. He'll spray it with some high powered chemical solution. And then run! Actually, he didn't say he'd run, but I think I would! And that'll set us back $95.00. Stupid hornets.

3 comments:

Tommy Rapier said...

$95.00! I would have done it for a few beers and sushi. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

haha, true...but you were to busy steam vaccuming cat piss!!!

Doug said...

Money well spent. I wouldn't want to f' with those hornets either.