Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ethan's tantrums

Ethan has a new favorite pastime. Any time he gets even the slightest bit annoyed, he enjoys throwing his head back, arching his back, and screaming until you pick him up and walk around with him. If you leave him on the floor, he then flails about while screaming and throwing a nice tantrum. It's great fun and he enjoys doing it quite often these days. It started when he was sick last week, so I thought he would stop when he felt better, but no such luck. I'm only documenting this because as I was explaining his new found joy to the day care workers on Monday, I found myself saying, "hopefully it's just a temporary phase he's going through" and immediately thought to myself, "I've said that before...pretty sure about this exact same thing...but with Blythe...and I swear she was older than this". So in case I need to know later, he's 13 months. Let's see how "temporary" it becomes.

Blythe had a breakthrough swim lesson on Monday I would say. She can now swim by herself. She can go about 8 feet probably, but she still needs someone to help her get all the way to the surface to take a breath. I meant to bring my camera to yesterday's swim lesson, but I was watching LOST online (because I missed last week's episode) and had to run out the door as soon as it was over and so I forgot. Hopefully I will remember on Monday.

And as I side note, only one month until our vacation at the beach! Good God, I can hardly wait!

No comments: