Friday, September 19, 2008

The first blog


My mom found out that my cousin Amy has a blog, so she thought it would be a great idea for me to start a blog too (thanks a lot Amy)...just kidding. I actually needed one more reason to sit at the computer for just a few more minutes each day. So now I can only do 13 minutes of exercise each day instead of 15.

Anyway, a little about me to get things started. Braden is my husband. He's a swim coach at Virginia Tech and their season is September - March (so basically the whole school year). He's really good at what he does and very passionate about swimming.

Blythe is my daughter. She's 2 and 2/3 years old (for those of you trying to calculate that's 2 years and 8 months). She says the funniest things and has entered into the "Pearl" stage where she will repeat anything you tell her to. Watch out telemarketers.

Ethan is my son. He's 6.5 months old. He is a very, very happy baby who just cut his first 2 teeth and this morning was saying "Yeah, yeah", which Daddy tried to convince me was "Da da". Sorry! I've been secretly working with him on his "M" sounds so that "Ma ma" will come before "Da da".

And then there's me. I work from home as a project manager for a software company (you know, one of those jobs where people will ask my daughter when she gets older (or my husband now) "What does your mom do" and they will say "I'm not really sure".) Basically means I sit at a computer all day and have conference calls all day. Right now I'm in the middle of 4 projects going live at the same time, as you can probably tell by me starting a blog as if I have all the free time in the world.

Anyway, I guess that's good for now. This blog thing is new to me, so not sure how often I'll write. Guess we'll see.


Oh, and Blythe had "Crazy Day" again at school today. Here is a pic of her mohawk ponytail hairdo.

1 comment:

aichiba said...

Hey Mary - love your blog! Watch out, blogging is addictive. I'm going to add you to my links so I can read frequently and be up to date.