Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The baby eats boobies

Blythe has been all about "her baby" lately. Not a particular baby doll, just what ever one is handy to pick up. She'll say"shhh...my baby is sleeping"..."I want a gummy bear..oh, my baby wants one too"..."my baby's going to watch tv"..."my baby wants to play in the sandbox"...you get the picture. She brings a baby to daycare with her everyday too.

So I guess I wasn't that surprised last night when she sat right next to me while I was nursing Ethan, lifted her shirt up, and put her baby to her chest. She said, "My baby needs to eat my booby now". Then when she was done she said, "My baby's done eating my boobies now". Then after her baby had apparently spit up, she went to get a burp rag to clean it up.

Do you know how hard it is to keep a straight face after your 2 year old tells you her baby is "done eating her boobies"? It's incredibly hard, but I did my best. I just wish Braden hadn't been in another room during that time so someone else could have shared the conversation with us.

As for an update on Ethan, he slept great last night (yeah!) and for about 3 minutes this morning I thought he might NOT have a runny nose, but then the snot faucet started running. Oh well. I did read yesterday that kids in day care obviously have more coughs and runny noses, but they are at lower risk of several diseases including asthma and even childhood leukemia because of the immunities they build up. So that's good news. Ethan has definitely started talking more too. I caught a "Na, Ba, Da" from him yesterday. No "Ma" though...darn it!

No comments: