Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Ethan?

So I just found out my next door neighbor is pregnant. Not the ones we hang out with virtually every day...the other ones. The ones we NEVER see. They are always traveling the world or working or just inside. When I was 7 months pregnant with Ethan I saw them out at a restaurant and they congratulated me on the pregnancy. Said they heard about it from my friend at church. Their house is about 15 feet from our house and they never saw me walk out to the mailbox? Get in my car? Walk to the playground with Blythe? So anyway, they're not exactly in touch with their neighbors. But we are on friendly terms.

So when I found out she was pregnant (my other next door neighbor told me), I emailed her to say congratulations (again, never see them so can't say it personally). I also asked if she knew what she was having. She finally responded today and said they were traveling in Greece. Said they are expecting a baby boy in early January. Said they just decided to name him Ethan. As far as I can tell from the email she is completely serious. I don't think she knows we named our son Ethan.

Now it wouldn't be that bad...I mean Ethan is the 2nd most popular name to name your son these days. But we actually have 2 other "baby Ethan's" in the neighborhood (not including ours). Our neighborhood is one street with 42 houses. So it's small. Is there really room for 4 'baby Ethan's'? I think I need to let her know just how many Ethan's there are just in case she thinks 4 might be too many. Did I also mention they are Asian? So are the other 2 Ethan's in the neighborhood. I just find that interesting.

No comments: