Monday, September 29, 2008

Aunt Laura visits

Aunt Laura and her little dog Rudy came to visit today. Gommy and Poppa dropped her off while they whisked away to a little resort area in West Virginia (I know...who knew they had those in West Virginia, right?). So anyway, they are staying for a few days. Because the weather was so nice today, Laura and I walked to the day care to pick up the kids. On the way there I always get so many stares, people wondering why I am pushing a double stroller with no kids. I just tell people I'm having twins and I'm just practicing...no, not really. No one ever asks, but if they did that's what I'd tell them.

Blythe was super-excited to see Laura and was in a really good mood the rest of the night. When we got home we played in the basement and after Daddy got home we had our daily dance party starting with, of course, "Low" by Flo Rida. I can tell even Ethan loves that song.

We had pizza for dinner, though Blythe basically ate none of it. We've been trying to teach her that she can't get down from the table until she asks to be excused. So far she's done pretty well...considering she is 2. Ethan had his dinner too and I gave him a few banana puffs afterward and he actually did feed himself two of them. So, that's another first! This is the time that "firsts" happen practically every day. So exciting.

I was also happy to see that day care has scheduled a field trip to the pumpkin patch. It's next Wednesday morning, so I gotta see if I can reschedule a meeting so I can go. Tomorrow is my "room mom" luncheon, so that should be fun times.

No comments: