Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anna confusion

Tomorrow Blythe has no school.  A teacher workday.  Should be awesome in the morning when I make Ethan go to school after he knows Blythe didn't get on the school bus.  Anyway, Blythe has made a friend in her ballet class named Anna that goes to her school.  Her mom doesn't have to work tomorrow and so she offered for Blythe to come play with Anna for the day.  Sounded like a good plan to me.  So after ballet I told Blythe she might go play at Anna's house on Friday.  She seemed quite excited.

Tonight I was finally able to confirm plans with Anna's mom, and so before bed I told Blythe again she was going to Anna's house to play tomorrow.  I told her she needed to be nice and say "please" and "thank you".  She seemed a little worried and said she wouldn't be eating dinner over there.  I told her she would be eating lunch there and then Blythe asked if she could bring her own lunch there.  Thought that was a little strange.  So I told her no, I'm pretty sure Anna likes the same things Blythe likes.  Blythe said, "Anna wasn't born in North Carolina.  She was born somewhere else."  Wasn't sure when exactly they had that conversation, but whatever.  She asked again, "can I just bring a snack over there?".  She said Anna knows how to say "Konnichiwa" (I had to look that one up on Google to know how to spell it).  

Then she said she sometimes sees her friend Cassidy (who's in a different class) at lunch and at recess.  I asked her if she eats lunch with Cassidy and she said no because she's in a different class.  She then said she also sees her friend from ballet.  At which point I realized she must have a different friend Anna in her class.  So I told her she was going to Anna from ballet's house tomorrow to play.  She seemed a little embarrassed and maybe a little disappointed.  Appears that she told her friend Ariel and her friend Zury and her friend Owen that she was going to play at Anna's house. She also told the Anna from her class (who I'm sure was excited and a little confused).  Then Blythe said to me, "I wish you had told me which Anna".  Guess that's what I get when I ASSUME she knows what I'm talking about (and when I don't realize she knows more than 1 Anna).  So I felt a little bad.  But she should have fun at ballet Anna's house.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were gonna say she had her confused with Anna in Texas! I'm sure she'll have a good time. It sounds like Blythe is making lots of friends.

Gommy