Sunday, September 19, 2010

We're silly

What a beautiful weekend! If only I could say my kids were beautiful little angels all weekend. Man, they can wear us out! Blythe is testing her limits these days and finding out which buttons she can push that REALLY tick us off. And getting Ethan to take a nap, well, I don't even want to think about it anymore. Makes my head hurt.
But we did have some brighter moments to the weekend.

Ethan and Braden went to the VT football game. This weekend there was no rain AND the hokies finally pulled out a W. We only have 2 season tickets, so the girls had to stay behind. While Brynn caught up on her napping for the week, Blythe and I had a picnic in the front yard. Then we painted fingernails. Then I taught her how to play "War". For a brief while I had more cards and she started crying because she was losing. Then she started winning and it didn't take long before she had all the cards. Then she said, "That's okay mom, that's just the way things go sometimes".

Later we took some pictures of ourselves making different facial expressions. Here we have HAPPY:

and SAD:


and ANGRY:


and SILLY:


Okay, so it doesn't take much to amuse ourselves.

This morning we had pictures at church for the church directory. Amazingly, I think we might have actually taken a good family picture. Guess we'll see. Brynn was VERY asleep just before the picture, but woke up to participate in the family photo op, then went back to sleep.

I did get a cute picture of Brynn before church though.

2 comments:

lynette said...

Love the ANGRY shot :) And the one of Brynn... that was always one of my fave little dresses!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, especially the one of Brynn. And I agree with Lynette, I love the little dress. I'll bet she looks adorable in the family photo for the church!

Mom