Friday, September 10, 2010

Fall Activities

Well the activities have begun! Blythe started swim lessons on Tuesday, which she has every Tuesday and Thursday for the next 4 weeks. Ethan started gymnastics yesterday, which he has once a week until Thanksgiving.

Braden was out of town Tuesday, so it was just me and the 3 kids trying to get from day care to campus, to the pool, to the locker room. I had to entertain Ethan and Brynn during the lesson, so I didn't get to watch a whole lot of it, let alone actually get some footage. But overall I'd say she did well. She did not do well at listening to her instructor tell her to "Stay on the wall!" when it wasn't her turn. We had us a little talk afterwards about it. Braden took her yesterday and I asked if she did better at staying on the wall when it wasn't her turn, and he said No. But he did say she did the backstroke yesterday. So I think these lessons will be good.

As for Ethan, since I had Brynn on my in the front carrier, I also didn't get any footage of him. He acted all shy at the beginning of class. They split into 2 groups and his group did trampoline first. He wanted no part of it at first, but came around eventually. Then his group switched to floor and he wanted no part of doing a somersault, but again eventually came around.

Brynn takes cat naps at day care usually so she is REALLY tired in the evenings. Should make for an interesting Fall but, so far so good.

No comments: