Friday, March 26, 2010

We're on the potty train

After I picked the kids up from day care today, we headed to Walmart. In the rain. Which is certainly not something I would choose to do normally (take the kids to Walmart that is), but we had a mission. To let Ethan pick out his big boy underpants. He won't actually be wearing these underpants at the beginning much as he'll be wearing his training underpants, because they are more absorbant, but training underpants don't have cool cartoons on them, so they aren't as enticing.

So anyway, his first pick was the Thomas the Train ones (big surprise). Second pick - Pixar (which included Nemo, Incredibles, Toy Story, Wall-E, and Lighting McQueen (the ultimate reason why he was drawn to them).

After Walmart we headed to Chick-fil-a, where the kids played a while on the slide. Then afterwards we went home. We unloaded groceries from Walmart and Ethan found his new underpants. I was going to wait until tomorrow to start him, but he was excited so we started right then. Yes, it was 7:30 and bedtime is about 8:00 or 8:30, but what the hey. So before we put them on, I explained to him that these were not diapers. These were big boy underpants and he was not to go tee tee in them (or poopy). We go tee tee and poopy in the potty. Yes, yes, yes, whatever. So first he goes pee on the potty (a full 10 or so drops as he normally does). Then he puts on his Thomas undies and shows them off. See my hiney?

Then we head down to the basement to let the doggies out and let the kids play some more. At 7:40 Ethan holds himself and tells me he needs to poopy. So I sit him on the toilet and he pees. Also his undies are a little wet. So holding himself and telling me he needs to poop really means "I need to pee right now...actually I needed to pee 10 seconds ago". Anyway, it's only a little in his undies, so we just put them right back on. Then the kids decide to jump on the bed in the basement. Well, that probably wasn't the best idea. At 7:45 he's now peed a little more in his undies (still not much....but seriously? every 5 minutes?). Apparently he's been learning from our dog Bogie. So I try being harsher with him letting him know he should not pee in these undies and that they are NOT diapers. He cries. Other note to self - maybe not best idea to start when he's really tired.
So at 7:55 we head upstairs. At this point I'm already anxious to get him into his pull-up diaper for the night. Before I do, he pees again in his little potty. So that's...what...5 times in less than 30 minutes? 3 of those were in the potty, so that's something to celebrate I guess. But I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a really long day.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that brings back memories!!! But it will click by the end of the weekend (and if not at least he will be at school for 8hrs of the day).

Amy said...

Oh that brings back memories! It will click by the end of the weekend (and if not, at least he's at school for 8hrs)
And remember my offer is still on the table to switch and potty train if you will clean my house from the drywall sanding....

Anonymous said...

love to pull them down, sit you on my lap and see how far up your bum I can get my c--k, love f-----g little boys in the bum

Anonymous said...

FUCK OFF!