Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ada's Baptism

Last weekend we headed back down to Durham (yes, it's been my second home for the last month or so) for Ada's baptism! This time it was a short, one-night trip, but we had a blast. The weather was very nice both days, so the kids got to spend some time outdoors. On Saturday, Blythe "helped" the guys with yard work while Ethan took a nap. And by "help", I mean she played in the mud. Apparently she is officially over her fear of dirt.

It was the first time my whole family was together since my dad retired on March 1st. So we took the opportunity for all of the adults to go to dinner at Angus Barn, a famous restaurant in the Raleigh area. I had only been there once before, about 10 years ago, and it was just as delicious as I had remembered it to be. We even got to take a tour of the restaurant, the kitchen, the wine cellar, and the private dining area. It was a nice 3 and a half hour, kid-free experience!

Sunday was Ada's baptism at 11am, which was really 10am since daylight savings came on Sunday (which now means all of the clocks in our house say the right time again...since we are too lazy to change most of them in November). She looked beautiful in all white and despite her parents worries, she didn't even get anything dirty!


The baptism went without a hitch and my kids even sat through most of the church service (Ethan got a little chatty at the end so he had to step out for a few minutes).

We got some pictures following the service. I tried to find one where I don't look fat, but I'm almost 7 months pregnant, so without some good photoshopping, it's just not going to happen. Anyway, here are Braden and I with our niece/goddaughter:


We tried to get some pics of the 3 kids together, but Ada was getting tired and my kids had been sitting for too long, so pausing to look at a camera was just not happening.


Anyhoo, after the baptism we headed back to Doug and Lynette's house and grilled out some burgers and hot dogs and enjoyed the outdoors a bit more before loading the car and heading home. We also brought back my sister Laura and my parents dog Rudy to stay with us for the week while my parents vacation in Hilton Head (cause when you're retired that's the kind of stuff you get to do).

1 comment:

lynette said...

Great having you guys! Thanks again for Ada's sweet book!!