Monday, August 10, 2009

I should buy stock in Tylenol

Ok, seriously, how come I can never catch a break when trying to prepare to go out of town!!??

We're flying down to Louisiana on Wednesday with the kiddos to visit with the grandparents. So OF COURSE that means I have to get my whole week's worth of work done in just 2.5 days. And as most of you know, I hate leaving the house if it's messy or dirty. So, you know, that means a lot to get done.

But as is the case EVERY FREAKIN TIME we are about to head out, I had a sick child home from school today. Blythe started up with a high fever again yesterday (because it had been all of 4 days since that had happened before...ugh!). She woke us up at 4am still not feeling well. After her antsy self wouldn't fall back asleep in our bed, I made her go back to her own bed, where she slept until 10am this morning. She felt better today, so she should be able to go to school tomorrow. Fortunately, she's easy to have at home and I was able to get most of my work done. Ethan is the hard one. And onto my second part of the story.

He started getting hoarse yesterday, which sounded funny since he can't say a whole lot of words anyway. I kind of expected him to get a high fever too, but he didn't and felt fine this morning and ate lots for breakfast. He went to school and I got no calls all day. Yay! But when I went to pick him up at 5pm, they said "oh, we JUST took his temperature and he was 101.2". Funny - 101 is the threshold for having to stay home for 24 hours. And why the hell would they take his temp at 5pm when I was on my way there to get him anyway? It wasn't like he was acting lethargic or anything. He was covered in sand from the sandbox when I got there for god's sake! Besides, if he was going to infect anyone else, he already did it today. So now I'll have Ethan home tomorrow even if he wakes up feeling just fine. So, yep, I'm pissed. They better both be at day care on Wednesday so I can pack in peace before picking them up in the afternoon to head out. Bah humbug.

1 comment:

lynette said...

Ugh... so frustrating! Hope all goes well today!