Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Holy cow!

Yesterday was like the longest day ever for work (seriously...worked until 12:15am) so I don't know why I was thinking today was Monday when we went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. It wasn't until we got there and I saw the big cow mascot dressed up and walking around that I realized it was Tuesday which was kids night. Not to worry - not that many kids there. We actually drove all the way over there because I had a coupon for a free milkshake. Totally worth the $2.34 gallon of gas there and back for the $2.50 milkshake. It was Cookies and Cream, so really it was worth it.

Anyway, as soon as Blythe saw that cow mascot she instantly became his (or her?) stalker. "COW! Give me a hug!" "I touched the cow's tail!" "COW! Give me a high five!" "take a picture with me cow!" "COW! I love you COW!" it was totally ridiculous and eventually I had to make her stop before he pressed charges.

Ethan on the other hand was deathly afraid of the cow. He nearly tore my shoulder out of it's socket trying to hide himself from the cow when the cow even looked in his direction. He may as well have thought the cow would pull a dagger from it's utter and attack him. At one point when we were seated and the cow started to walk kind of near our table, he started screaming.

So weird how kids are like that. They really either LOVE mascots or they are so afraid of them. And I have the 2 polar extremes.

Oh yeah, and Blythe was extra cool in Chick-fil-a because she was wearing her pirate eye patch that she got in her goody bag at the birthday party on Sunday night. She would walk around saying "Arghhh!" and Ethan then would say it too. I, on the other hand, was not allowed to since apparently I'm not a pirate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's one more restaurant we can't go to! Ashley asks when we go to Target, Lowe's, etc if there are dress up things here.

lynette said...

I'm not a fan of the mascots either, Ethan. In fact, we were just at Red Robin earlier for a birthday dinner and that stupid robin was wandering around trying to befriend every one. I may have glared at him the third time he walked by.

Anonymous said...

Ethan, your mom was scared to death of the 3 little pigs at Disney World, so you come by it naturally. I guess she won't be taking you down the "mask" aisle at Target either.

Gommy