Friday, December 24, 2010

All ready for Santa....or not

Took the kids to see Santa yesterday. Amazingly we got a picture where all 3 kids look normal and Ethan is NOT freaking out about being on Santa's lap. He started to freak out, but when I put Brynn on Santa's lap, I guess he figured it was safe.


We had to go see Santa to be SURE he knew what the kids wanted and would bring the right things. Ethan told him very quickly, but clearly that he wants a "really big green tractor". Check.

Blythe told him she wants "a Sleeping Beauty costume and a Little Mermaid bath toy". Crap.

Usually we are pretty good at convincing the kids what they want Santa to bring them. This year with Blythe has been a struggle. I started making a list a couple of months ago of things I thought the kids might want. I was at my parents house when we started it. My mom had said, "Does she want a pillow pet?" And I said, "Yes! She actually does!". So my sister locked in that gift. Next we tried actually asking Blythe what she wants. My mom asked her and she told her she wanted a Jasmine costume. So my mom locked in on that one. Later my mom also got her a Rapunzel Barbie because Target had them on sale.

So when it came time for Blythe to make her list for Santa, what does she put on her list? A Rapunzel Barbie and a Unicorn Pillow Pet. Well great, Santa's not bringing either of those. So we had to convince her of something else. We searched the Target toy ad and convinced Blythe she wanted a camera. So she added the camera to her list and we made sure to tell her Santa doesn't always bring EVERYTHING on the list.

Ever since then, her "list" for Santa has been different everytime you ask her. And it practically never includes a camera.

My mom also got Blythe a Rapunzel costume. So now she'll have Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Tiana, Jasmine, and Rapunzel. So what does she tell Santa she wants? Freaking Sleeping Beauty.

As for the Little Mermaid bath toy, that was also in the Target ad. We have it, but it's wrapped up as a gift from Mom and Dad.

So tomorrow morning should be interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She'll be happy with what ever she gets. We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. Be safe driving. Love you all!!

Mom