Wednesday, September 16, 2009

one more surprise

I did have one more trick up my sleeve for Braden's birthday. Ethan's godparents Tommy and Angie were unable to make it out for the weekend so I had also secretly arranged for them to come see Braden on his actual birthday (Monday) and we could all go out to eat. Again, Braden suspected nothing, and when someone came through our front door suddenly about 30 minutes BEFORE the babysitter was supposed to be here, Braden was like, "What? Who's walking into our front door?" He hadn't seen Tommy in a while, so he was very happily surprised. We had an awesome dinner at Poor Billy's (where I ate "pretend" sushi and it was delicious) and then called it a night.

So thanks also to Tommy and Angie for helping make Braden's 30th so special. All that planning was quite exhausting. I think I bought myself at least 10 or so years before I have to give it that much effort again. Phew!

No comments: