Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And then the monkeys attacked

I was in a deep sleep this morning (deep enough to not hear the monitor that I have turned down to very low volume), dreaming I was in the woods on a nice stroll when I suddenly heard a commotion. In my dream it sounded like monkeys. They sounded far away though. Then out of nowhere the monkeys attacked me! And turned on the lights! And sat on my face with a poopy diaper! What?? Oh, these monkeys are my children. What a way to wake up...a light shining right in my face and the oh, so fresh smell of smooshed poop 6 millimeters from my face.

Then reality sunk in. How did Ethan get into my bed? Braden had left for morning practice hours earlier and was not home. Apparently, this is how the little monkey broke loose:
  • He somehow climbed out of his crib (quietly and covertly)
  • He went to his door and did the secret knock to alert his sister down the hall that it was go time for his planned escape
  • Blythe heard the secret knock and came to his aide opening the door to his bedroom
  • According to what Blythe said, Ethan then told her he wanted to go into my room (either he suddenly can speak in sentences, or he said, "mommy" and she interpreted the rest).
  • Blythe then opened my door, they both bombarded the place and Ethan climbed into the bed and sat on my face

Crap. Gone are the days when I would wake up and take my sweet time in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, putting on makeup, brushing my hair, getting dressed, all while listening to Ethan on the monitor talking in his crib and playing with his stuffed animals because he is confined to his crib and can't get out. My life will never be the same (queue the violin music now...)

No comments: