Monday, September 21, 2009

Making cookies

For some reason on Sunday I decided it would be good idea to make sugar cookies from scratch and the kids could help me. What this means is that both kids have to sit on the counter and watch me make the cookies. I have to make sure I have all ingredients out ahead of time or Ethan might fall on the floor while I head over to get one I forgot.

I only made half the recipe because my crappy food processor doesn't hold much, and quite frankly, I'm the one home all day stopping every time I'm in the kitchen to grab yet another cookie. To make the cookies, I mix all of the ingredients together and add half of the flour. At this point, that means all of the butter and sugar is in there, so it tastes pretty good. Which Ethan found out quickly by sticking his hand in there. And then he kept wanting to do that. Even after I added the second half of flour and hadn't mixed it yet. Then he was eating a handful of flour. Yuck! So, he succeeded in "helping" me by making a really big mess.

And then I wouldn't let him have any more cookie dough, so he transformed into evil child and cried all the way through lunch and didn't stop until he went down for a nap. Nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little man loves to get dirty!
Daddy

lynette said...

Great shot! I love how messy they'll get and not even care.