Monday, May 28, 2012

Brynn is 2!



Hard to believe, but my baby is 2 years old.  She should be starting her terrible 2 tantrums any day now.  Kidding actually, she started those suckers at least 3 months ago.

Sorry, Brynn, but maybe because you are the 3rd child, or maybe just the circumstances this year, but you didn't really get a party.  We had Doug, Lynette, Ada, and Harper over on Brynn's birthday.  Ethan, Ada, and Brynn helped me bake a cake earlier in the day that we decorated with sprinkles.  We had no balloons. No streamers.  No theme.  Just some cake and some leftover birthday napkins from Blythe's party.  I did buy ice cream, but forgot to get it out for everyone to eat.  But she's 2 and she doesn't care.  The only part she cares about is singing Happy Birthday and blowing out the candles.  And she gets to do that 3 times for her birthday. Because we spent last weekend with Grams and Peep and they got cupcakes and we sang Happy Birthday.  This Wednesday we'll celebrate with Gommy, Poppa, and Laura.  So it's all good.

At 2, Brynn is not such an easy child.  She still gets pissed if I try to leave her sight.  Put her in her high chair with some food while I try to run into the office to check email?  Nope.  Pisses her off.  I'm hoping this subsides in the near future.  Maybe now that I'm home with her all day, she'll get sick of seeing me all the time.  Although, I'd say she's quite the fan of the new arrangement.  And she's been pretty good too.  Most things I say (like "Want to take a nap?") get answered with "Tay" (her version of "K").  She's talking up a storm these days and even has several sentences that she says.  Of course, sometimes I'm the only one who can understand her.  Like when she says "Deedan es fi-in".  Translation - Ethan is crying.  She's got the whole punch buggy routine down.  "Mommy!  Pu Muggy!  Gimme ya hand"  Then she hits me on the hand.

At the doctor, she was 26 pounds and 36 inches tall.  Pretty sure that 36 inches is off though by at least an inch.  They weren't exactly scientific about it.  She wears size 6 shoe and 2T clothes.  So far this season she loves the baby pool, but not a fan of the big pool.  I'm sure she'll get over that quickly.

We also started potty training today as soon as we got back from our trip.  She went probably 2-3 hours without peeing at all then went through 2 pairs of underwear.  She did pee in the potty though right before bedtime, so that was a success!   Should be a fun week around here.

So, happy birthday to Brynn!

No comments: