Monday, May 14, 2012

Blythe lost her first tooth

On Thursday last week, Blythe's teacher sent me an email in the morning telling me Blythe had lost her first tooth!  I was pretty shocked considering I wasn't even aware she had a loose tooth.  Appears it probably wasn't all that loose, but during snack she couldn't get her tupperware container open, so she used her teeth and out came a tooth.  By the time she got around to telling her teacher, it was nowhere to be found.  She said she had it in her hand, but it must have fallen out.  They looked and looked, but couldn't find it.  Blythe wanted her teacher to email me right away so that I could tell the toothfairy to come even though she lost her tooth.

Later she asked me if I told the tooth fairy and I said "yes".  Still later she asked HOW I told the tooth fairy.  Wasn't quite prepared for that one, but I told her I sent the tooth fairy an email.

Anyway, Blythe was SO excited about losing a tooth.  Everyone in her class except Blythe and her friend Ariel had already lost a tooth, so now she joins the ranks of the other kindergartners.

She was also very excited to go to bed that night in anticipation of the tooth fairy coming.  Apparently one of the boys in her class said his tooth fairy brought him 4 dollars.  I made sure to tell Blythe there are LOTS of tooth fairies and each one does something different.  So, Blythe's tooth fairy isn't quite as wealthy as that boy's, but might make up for in style or friendliness (if we were ever to meet her).  This is what she left under Blythe's pillow along with 1 dollar.

Maybe our tooth fairy should have a name??

No comments: