Friday, December 2, 2011

November catch up

Man, what a sucky blogger I am.  6 posts in November?  Seriously?  That's right up there with July and August.  Was I as busy as I was in July and August?  Uh....hell no.  I seriously hope I am NEVER ever ever again in my entire life as busy as I was in July and August of this year.  Actually, things finally settled down in November.  I no longer had a worker at my house almost every single day.  Only a few days in November.  I actually started to get caught up in my job (the one that pays me money).  Imagine that.  I started planning for swim camps next summer.  I even started Christmas shopping (ALL online except I went to ToysRUs 2 days ago because I couldn't get their website to play nice with me on Cyber Monday).  We found a church we really like and will be joining later this month.

We went to a few football games.  NC State basketball games started up.  Went to 2 home swim meets.  Went to the Raleigh Christmas parade (that is held every year BEFORE Thanksgiving).  Went to Pullen Park, which is right next door to NC State, but has been closed for 2 years for renovations.  It is the 5th oldest amusement park in the country.  Let's not think Six Flags though.  It has a carousel, kiddie boats, a train, and peddle boats.  And they souped up their playground and swings.  The new additions are very nice and each ride is only $1.  We'll be going there a lot.

I also spent the month trying to figure out what causes Brynn's eczema break outs.  I was convinced it was food-related, but it doesn't appear that it is.  But it drove me crazy all month!

Brynn also had her 18 month checkup, where everything checked out fine and she is exactly 50th percentile in height, weight, and head circumference.

We also headed to my parents' house for Thanksgiving, which was quite relaxing (as relaxing as can be expected with 3 kiddos and then 2 more when Doug and Lynette arrived).

So why didn't I blog much in November?  Blame my Kindle.  I think I read 3 books in November.  It consumes me completely when I get sucked into another book.  And I'm reading another now (not on the Kindle though).  Maybe my New Year's resolution should be to blog more and read less.  And eat more junk food and stop exercising.  Okay, so maybe I should just take breaks between books.

So there you have it, now I'm all caught up and can start fresh with December.  Here are some pics from the month of November:
The kids playing Ride Horses - Giddy Up!

Forgot to mention I also painted the dining room

Kiddie boats at Pullen Park

Blythe and Anna Grace on carousel at Pullen Park

The kids made masks at Thanksgiving

Harper and Brynn cozy in the Cozy Coupe

No comments: