Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas shopping

So I have nearly finished all of my Christmas shopping and have purchased 2 things in a store.  EVERYTHING else has been purchased online and I am eagerly awaiting many of my purchased items.  Shopping online is SO much less stressful...why doesn't everybody buy everything online?  One of the things I purchased in the store was a guitar for Blythe.  I tried to buy it online on Cyber Monday, but had no luck.  So I had to go to Toys R Us to get it (which is only 5 minutes from our house).  The other was a gift for Brynn which was much cheaper at Toys R Us than on Amazon.

Problem is, I purchased a PINK guitar.  And as previous post indicated, Blythe has asked for a PURPLE guitar.  Now, normally I would not mess with exchanging it.  It's not like she's really gonna care.  In fact, I asked her if Santa brought her a PINK guitar, what would she think.  She made a face, but then said she would  still like it.

But I got to thinking about it and that whole write-a-letter-to-Santa-and-he-will-write-a-letter-back thing may cause issue.  She wrote in the letter that she wanted a purple guitar.  What if he writes her back and tells her he will get that for her?  SO - back to Toys R Us I went today.  Good lord.  Everybody and their mother was there today at lunch time returning things or picking up site to store items or trying to call every freaking Toys R Us this side of the Mississippi in search for who knows what.  I almost settled on pink right then and there.  But then some assistant manager finally came to the front and yelled to page all available cashiers, which appeared to snap everyone out of their stand-around-and-do-nothing-but-look-busy attitude, so after that I made it to the front relatively quickly.  Geez.  She better not change her mind to pink now.

In other news....the Walmart closest to our house finally has added a grocery section.  So that knocks off 4 minutes each way of my bi-weekly Walmart trip.  Yahoo!  It's the little things people....

No comments: