Friday, March 16, 2012

Laundry Love

I have to kick myself for not getting a good "before" picture.  So the only "before" picture I have of our laundry room is this:
So, clearly, we actually did have a washer and dryer in our laundry room (this was taken before we moved in) and we had a whole bunch of crap on that ONE shelf that was hung (that must have been hung up by someone who was 6'5" as I could hardly reach it).  We also had dogs beds over to the right and some other various odds and ends.  And usually stacks of clothes piled carefully atop the washer and dryer so they would all fit and I would have a teensy bit of folding space.

So for this project we took down that shelf and replaced with cabinets (on sale at Lowes).  I painted the room a nice shade of green.  We put a shelf atop the cabinets and all the way along that wall.  We built a table/countertop from the washer to the end of the wall for lots of folding space!  And the dogs like the roof over their heads.  We also put up a rod for hanging clothes to dry.  I used to never hang clothes to dry, but now I'm hanging clothes like crazy!

A roman shade, a little greenery, a picture, and some nice cabinet hardware and....wallah!



Major props to my dad and to Braden for helping me attain the laundry room of my dreams :)

1 comment:

ekf said...

I like everything except for the fact that you bought the cabinets at Lowes. :)