Monday, October 10, 2011

NC State Swimming Alumni weekend

Last weekend was our NC State swimming and diving alumni weekend.  We had Emily and Sue and Richard and their daughter, Sadie, stay with us.  I'd say the weekend was a huge success, thanks to the hard work of some very dedicated swimming alums.  I had volunteered to help (since moving, unpacking, painting, working full time, and taking care of the 3 kids isn't time consuming enough), but fortunately I didn't have to do too much   beyond help with the planning.  

It is nice to have an event to give everyone a kick in the rear.  In my case, it was my motivation for getting most of the pictures hung, getting the screened porch painted (inside and out), getting the living room painted and curtains hung.  At the pool, it was the deadline for getting the new lobby finished and decorated and getting the bathrooms redone.  And I have to say, both our house and NC State's pool look pretty darn nice.  Although a little bit of grass at our house would go a long way.  Hopefully that will come sometime later this month.  For now, here is a picture of our living room:
Looks more orange in the photo than it actually is, but I'm very unskilled in taking photos.  Now that we have color on one wall in our entire house, I'm anxious to get some more walls painted.

Back to the weekend...Everyone got here on Friday afternoon.  We had a meeting at the pool at 4pm.  Thank goodness my parents were here on Friday night so I could make it to the meeting sans children.  They brought the kids to the pool later for the team intrasquad meet.  Though Brynn was sweating like crazy, I think they had a good time.  The team walkouts and logos they created were incredible!  And I think there were some pretty fast times as well.  My kids might have had more fun outside than inside (due to some amazingly beautiful weather).

After the meet, we came home briefly before heading to the University Club for dinner and drinks.  Blythe and Ethan also went because there was a kids room, FREE babysitters, and Mr. Wuf (the NC State mascot).  Too bad I suck at remembering to take photos.  I really have none from the rest of the weekend except a few we took playing with the cool glow in the dark glasses Emily brought.



Saturday was a big tailgate and a football game.  Thank goodness they actually won this one.  We took Blythe and Ethan (my sister babysat Brynn).  They were not as much fun as normal at the game which I suspect had something to do with being up until 11pm the night before.  By Saturday night everyone was EXHAUSTED!  We all went to bed early!  So happy to have gotten to see everyone and loved spending the weekend with my Wolfpack swimming/diving alum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to hem those drapes.....oh, wait a minute, .......I guess I'll be doing that next week! The family room looks great!

Love ya,
Mom