Friday, July 29, 2011

We're in so much trouble

Blythe has had a great time in summer camp this summer at the day care. But at the same time, she has grown up SO much spending the summer with the older kids. She was so sheltered in that pre-k room filled with 4 and 5 year olds. We were only in the car a few minutes each day to and from day care, so she almost never listened to the radio. Now, when we get in the car and a song comes up it's, 'Mom, turn it up...this is my favorite song!" and then she proceeds to sing all of the words. Which I find myself cringing sometimes as she sings some words. I know she has no idea what some of them mean...but I do.

She says things now like, "Ethan, you're annoying me".

She's learned how to roller skate, how to make real sand castles, how to do a scavenger hunt, how to milk a cow, how a water wheel works. She's gone hiking, bowling, swimming. She's gone to zoos, Chuck e Cheese, the police department.

But lastly, she has a boyfriend. 5 year olds are not supposed to like boys. Don't they have cooties when they are 5? The boy's name is Cooper. Blythe talks about Cooper ALL the time. She says Cooper is not her boyfriend, "he just likes me". Last week Cooper was on vacation and every single day she would tell me, "Cooper isn't going to be at school today". Then "Cooper rides in the red van. I ride in the red van too. Cooper has a brother. Cooper goes to Kipps Elementary". Tuesday they could bring a movie to school (so everyone could vote on which movie to watch). Blythe said, "I'm don't want to bring a movie. I want to watch Cooper's movie". Yesterday they went on a hike on their field trip and Blythe and Cooper held hands during the hike. She blushes if you ask her if Cooper is her boyfriend.

Cooper is also 8. We are is SO.MUCH.TROUBLE!!!

4 comments:

Doug said...

Scary...I'm not ready for our girls (and your kids) to grow up yet. Sounds like Blythe has had a great summer though.

aichiba said...

That sounds horrible!! I guess I should be happy that Anna & Mia fight over Justin Beiber!

astarr said...

that is so funny!!! Joshua was the same way once Kindergarten started he started liking girls. He had a 5th grader he LOVED this year.. wrote her notes like "you are HOT", etc.

ekf said...

Being the only one without kids, I think this is the cutest thing ever! I want a picture of the two of them hand in hand.

If it make you feel better I had a boyfriend, Todd Owens in 1st grade. He moved away and I gave him a plant when he did. My dad teased me all his life about it. Anytime I liked a boy growing up he'd say, "Oh is it TODD OWENS"