Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

Finally had the motivation to blog last and then Blogger is down. Grrr.

Anyway, it's back up now. Mother's Day this year was really nice. Blythe and Ethan made me frames with their photos in them when they were at the church the night before. I finally cleared off all the junk on my filing cabinet in my office so they look nice there. They gave me those and a card they had written in. Ethan wrote "E" "T" and "H" from his name. He's getting there.

Braden got me some nice lotion, gels, and spray from Bath and Body Works. Thought it was going to rain most of the day, so we didn't really plan much to do, but we did grill out BBQ chicken burgers (mmmm!), had a dance party in our driveway, and let Brynn have her first bike ride!



She had a helmet on, but she couldn't really see and she REALLY hated it, so we took it off and she enjoyed the bike ride much more.

Poor Braden then had to give Ethan a bike ride and Blythe. It's not exactly flat around here (FAR from it), so it was quite the workout with all that extra weight.

I actually got to celebrate Mother's Day for 3 days. On Friday, I went to Ethan's class at school for a Mother's Day breakfast and we had donuts with sprinkles (and fruit). Then later in the afternoon I went to Blythe's class for cake and ice cream. Both kids also made me flower pots and gave me candy (which I somehow managed to get none of). Saturday I guess we didn't really celebrate, but Braden did finish doing the Trex on our deck (so that is a celebration in and of itself).

No comments: