Saturday, May 7, 2011

More "firsts"

We had a couple of pretty exciting "firsts" over the last couple of days.

Blythe tied her shoes all by herself yesterday for school. Quite the accomplishment! You know, that's actually one of my early memories. The first time I tied my own shoes. I was so proud of myself. I showed my mom and she was very proud as well, but then pointed out that my shoes were on the wrong feet. Doh!

Brynn took her first steps! She hadn't even taken one step on her own, but then took 4 steps on Thursday. Only because she wasn't thinking about it and just walked to Braden when he called her. Then he tried to get her to do it again and she did what she normally does and act like her feet are glued to the floor and try to lunge forward and hope that someone catches her before she does a face plant. Yesterday though she did take 1 step a couple of different times.

Progress, people. Progress is being made.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Happy Mother's day, Mary! Both awesome accomplishments! Can't wait to see Brynn walking all over the place.

Gommy said...

Love the new header. God job, Lynette!