Friday, November 5, 2010

Save the milk!

Our refrigerator has been making a clicking noise off and on for the past week. Kind of annoying, but it stops after a few minutes, so whatever. Then last night it wouldn't stop. Just kept clicking. And clicking. And clicking. And clicking. I couldn't take it anymore! It sounds like someone left their turn signal on. Forever.

So I got online to research. Bad news. This means that we are going to need a new motherboard. And that the refrigerator and freezer will likely stop working very soon. Wow, great timing. Brynn's getting baptized this weekend so we have all our family coming into town and I had just bought craploads of food from Walmart yesterday. Fortunately, there is an online repairman scheduling tool so I was able to schedule someone to come out this afternoon (sometime in a 5 hour block of time).

UNFORTUNATELY - the refrigerator and freezer stopped working sometime over night. Yes, I have a crapload of food in there that I don't want to go bad. But I have frozen breast milk in the freezer people! I.must.save.the.breast.milk. Got me a cooler out this morning and filled it with the already-melting ice and the breast milk. So we should be safe there. I likely let out all traces of cold air left while I was doing that though (because bad motherboard also took down my ice dispenser).

Please get here soon refrigerator repairman! What if he doesn't have a new motherboard? What if I have to wait longer? Supposed to be 23 degrees tonight, so I guess I could put all the frozen stuff outside. And tomorrow's high is 41, so we'll be good for a day or so.

In the meantime, the damn clicking noise continues. And it's driving me CRRAAAAAZZZYYY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend (today thru Sunday) there is no tax on energy efficient appliances, at least in North Carolina, plus most places are offering big discounts as well. Check out Home Depot website before you spend too much on that motherboard. We ordered a new washer/dryer this morning.

Mom

Anonymous said...

You can always ask a friendly neighbor!! And if you do, please video that conversation.

~Sarah

lynette said...

Oh man... really hope you don't have to get a new one. That's exactly what happened to us last year around the holidays. What lovely timing, right?

Doug said...

Made me think of this:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4112/saturday-night-live-nerds-broken-fridge

It's a classic.

Madeleine said...

I love your blog! I treated myself at lunch today and caught up. Keep writing.